- Unique center in Poland focused on cardiovascular imagining examinations (50-60% of all examinations performed)
- State of the art scanners: CT, MR, SPECT-CT, Echo
- We are a test center for new applications and sequencing, having research agreements with leading producers of imagining equipment
- All facilities are used for research programs as well as for routine clinical practice.
- Facilitation of surgery through 3D printed models
- Merging of different non invasive modalities
Over 29.000 imaging examinations done yearly in Radiology Department
DIXON, RESOLVE, Advanced WARP, StarVIBE, LiverLab, MyoMAPs sequences
Nuclear Medicine Department
Gamma camera SYMBIA INTEVO EXCEL (SPECT-CT) allows full body diagnostics.
Echocardiography imaging is integrated with Echo PAC: MPEGVUE, ECHODICOM, Q-Analysis, Advanced Q-scan, AFI, 4D Analysis, Advanced 4D Analysis, 4D LV Volume, 4D RV Volume, 2D Strain. All images are centrally stored for off-line analysis.
Dual source CT scanner Somatom Force visualization of coronary arteries
Nuclear Medicine Department was created in 1985.
Currently, radioisotope heart examinations account for over 94% of all scintigraphic scans performed.
The main clinical activity is based on stress myocardial perfusion scintigraphy performed with a gated technique (GSPECT), to evaluate blood supply on myocardial tissue level and myocardial contractility in the following indications:
- diagnosis of ischemic heart disease (diagnosis, location, assessment of the extent and severity of myocardial ischemia)
- assessment of the functional severity of intermediate lesions on coronary arteriography
- evaluation of the myocardial viability in patients with heart failure
- prognostic assessment and qualification for various forms of treatment
- assessment of the effectiveness of the applied therapies.
As a research tool, cardiac adrenergic nervous system scintigraphy with I-123-meta-iodo-benzyl-guanidine (MIBG) has been widely applied.
In addition to cardiac studies, gamma camera SYMBIA INTEVO EXCEL (SPECT-CT) offers a wide range of other nuclear medicine tests. All types of clinical acquisitions are performed: static and dynamic planar examinations, whole body scans, organ SPECT tests, SPECT-CT studies with attenuation correction and with improved lesion localization. Performed scintigraphic studies include:
- Dynamic kidney scintigraphy (Tc-99m-DTPA)
- Lung perfusion scintigraphy (Tc-99m-macroaggregated albumin)
- Whole body scintigraphy with targeted scintigraphy of inflammatory foci (Tc-99m-WBC)
- Whole body scintigraphy in suspicion of TTR type cardiac amyloidosis (Tc-99m-DPD)
Several research programs have been completed in the Department over the last few years: i.a.: 8 research grants in cooperation with the Polish Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, 10 international trials [i.a. Euroinject-One, STICH, OAT-NUC, MBG311, MBG313, EVINCI (EU FP7.), SMARTool (EU FP HORIZON 2020), ISCHEMIA] and 12 statutory works.