The Institute of Cardiology Library:
Open: Monday through Friday: 9 am to 3 pm
Librarians: Lilianna Kozłowska
- The Academic Library of the Institute specializes in acquiring literature focused on cardiology, cardiosurgery, heart transplant surgery, cardiovascular system diseases epidemiology, molecular genetics and pharmacology.
- The principal tasks for the Library are to create the basis for scientific work for the Institute's scientific staff by obtaining and providing Polish and foreign scientific literature.
- The Library also helps its users to find relevant medical information, bibliography, and search query in medical databases.
- The books and journals are available in the reading room to all those who want to use them for academic, professional or studying purposes.
- The catalogue is based on the SOWA computer library program, which is accessible in the web at sowa.ikard.pl.
- The Academic Library of the Institute cooperates with other medical libraries.
- The Library possesses 5887 books (volumes) and 4203 journals (issues). The Institute's employees can use the following full text databases: Science Direct (published by Elsevier), OVID Technologies, Ebsco Host, and Polska Bibliografia Lekarska (Polish Medical Bibliography) available on-line.